I. Who is the Controller of your personal data?
Grupa Brokerska “Quantum” Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Łódź at ul. Narutowicza 48 (90-135 Łódź), hereinafter referred to as “Quantum”, is the Controller of your personal data; you may contact the Controller by e-mail: email@example.com or by writing to the above-mentioned mailing address.
II. Who can you contact for matters relating to protection of your personal data?
III. How does Quantum acquire your personal data?
We process your personal data obtained through a power of attorney, contract or consent and during the implementation of insurance distribution activities, including the preparation of the following: proposal, recommendations customised to your needs and requirements, and, subsequently, to manage your insurance contracts or surety bonds.
IV. What are the purposes and legal basis for the processing of your personal data?
Your data are processed for the following purposes:
- In order to carry out insurance brokerage activities, i.e. distribution of insurance, in particular:
- advising, proposing or performing other preparatory activities leading to the signing of an insurance contract or surety bond (including the preparation of an insurance proposal on your behalf);
- providing assistance with the administration of insurance contracts you have signed and performance of such contracts;
- providing assistance with claims for damages or benefits (claim adjustment).
The distribution described in item 1 above is carried out based on the following:
– compliance of Quantum (the insurance broker) with a granted power of attorney and/or a contract signed with you;
– in the case of specific insurance categories, e.g. medical expenses or life insurance contracts, in addition to the legal basis specified above, also based on your explicit consent to processing of special categories of data (i.e. health information required to perform the distribution activities leading to the signing and subsequent management of such contracts).
- In order to carry out brokerage activities relating to the signing and management of contracts concerning medical benefits (medical subscribers) – under a dedicated agreement.
- For the purpose of marketing products or services of other entities – based on your voluntary consent.
- For the purpose of marketing our own services, i.e. selecting services and products customised to your needs – based on a legitimate interest of Quantum.
- In order to contact you or persons authorised by you by e-mail or phone in order to perform activities relating to the distribution of insurance, in particular to acquire information from you in order to prepare the proposal or manage the insurance contracts – based on a legitimate interest of Quantum.
- For the purpose of establishment, exercise or defence against any legal claims relating to our business – based on a legitimate interest of Quantum.
- In order to comply with the legal obligations to which we are subject (in particular under the Insurance Distribution Act of 15 December 2017 and the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Act of 1 March 2018).
V. Will your data will be processed automatically?
Your personal data will not be subject to automatic processing, including profiling.
VI. Who will your personal data be transferred to (data recipients)?
Your personal data may be provided to the following categories of recipients:
- insurance companies;
- accounting service providers;
- providers of legal and consulting services, adjusters or experts if coordination of claim adjustment is necessary;
- service providers assisting Quantum with the pursuit of its claims (in particular, law firms and debt collection companies);
- service providers providing Quantum with technical and organisational solutions (in particular providers of ICT or IT services, courier companies and postal companies, certified document disposal (destruction) companies);
- other entities authorised to process your personal data under separate regulations.
Quantum has signed personal data processing agreements with external entities (such as law firms, experts or IT companies) to which your personal data will be provided, making sure that these entities use adequate technical means and organisational measures to ensure data protection.
VII. Can your personal data be transferred outside the European Union?
At the moment, we do not intend to transfer your personal data to a third country or to international organisations. However, if it is found that your personal data may be transferred to a third country or international organisation, we will promptly advise you of such a possibility.
VIII. How long will your personal data be processed?
We will store your personal data as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes of data processing. The retention period for your personal data will depend, in particular, on the provisions of the law applicable to us with respect to the storage of documentation of our insurance brokerage activities (10 years from the termination of cooperation with the Client, unless there are special regulations requiring that this period be extended) and until the end of the limitation period for any claims related to insurance distribution activities.
Regarding the personal data you have provided voluntarily for marketing purposes, they will be processed until you withdraw your consent or until the expiry of the power of attorney or contract.
IX. What are your rights?
You have the following rights:
- right to request access to your personal data, including the right to obtain a copy of the processed data (including special data, such as your medical condition);
- right to rectify (correct) the data if they are inaccurate or incomplete;
- right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”), subject to the provisions on documentation retention described in section VIII above;
- right to restriction of data processing’
- right to data portability;
- right to object – you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of marketing of Quantum’s own services. For evidence purposes, Quantum requests that you submit the objection in writing or by electronic means;
- right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority – since Quantum processes your personal data, you have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority in charge of personal data protection, i.e. President of the Personal Data Protection Office;
- right to withdraw you consent – if your data are processed based on your consent, you may withdraw it at any time; this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing done before the withdrawal. For evidence purposes, Quantum requests that you withdraw your consent in writing or by electronic means. However, if you withdraw your consent with respect to special categories of data, Quantum will not be able to continue managing any insurance contracts signed through Quantum, e.g.: life insurance contracts.
X. Are you obliged to provide your personal data?
Providing your personal data is voluntary; however, if you do not provide them, it will not be possible to perform the activities specified in the power of attorney and the contract.